Parents - Notices & Information
MyEducation BC Family Portal
Our school uses the MyEducation BC Family Portal to help facilitate greater communication between teachers, schools, and families. Each school year, the New Westminster School District creates family portal accounts for all families new to New Westminster Schools, which allows each parent/guardian access to view information such as:
- student and contact information
- published report cards
To access the MyEdBC Family Portal, click here: https://myeducation.gov.bc.ca/aspen/logon.do
Please note: If you are also the parent or guardian of another student, you will be able to view information for all children through your account.
Where can I view report cards?
After successfully logging in, look under “Published Reports” for a PDF link to view any published documents. In the desktop version, look on the right-hand side, midway down the screen. Please download and save a copy or print a copy of the report card for your records.
New to the Family Portal or want a refresher? Here’s what you need to know:
- Instructions are available online: Family Portal Instructions
- If you’re new* to the system you do need to do a few minutes of setup to start; Step-by-step instructions can be found in the above instructions
- If you have used MyEdBC before but you don’t remember your password, please go to the MyEdBC login page by clicking here, then click the “I forgot my password” link to have a new, temporary password sent to your email*
- If you have forgotten your Login ID, the school can have MyEdBC email you your Login ID and a new, temporary password. Please email the school at email@example.com to let us know you need your Login ID and please include:
- Your name
- Your child’s name
- Your child’s division (or teacher’s name)
*Special Note: If it’s your first time logging in to set up your account, or if you have initiated a password reset, you may need complete the set up on either a desktop or laptop computer. If you don’t have either of these options available to you, our office can (by appointment) give you access to one, to help start your journey. Then subsequent logins can be done through any combination of desktop, laptop, or mobile devices.
If you continue to have trouble logging in, please contact our school office for assistance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 604-517-6090.
If you don’t have access to a device that will allow you to login once Student Information Verification documents or report cards have been published, please contact our school office to request a printed version.
On Security: MyEdBC is a secure student information system used in all public school districts in the province of BC. Security is guided by the rules and regulations of the School Act as well as the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (FOIPPA). Access to your child’s information is only provided to legal guardian(s). Each parent or legal guardian will have their own account.